Monday, August 30, 2010

Cephalopod attack!

This one isn't even a stretch (though it's sensationalized enough): Man Eating Giant Squid Devouring Fish Stocks
Two Mexican fishermen were recently dragged from their boats and chewed so badly that their bodies could not be identified even by their own families....

Hunting in 1,000-strong packs the giant squid can out-swim and out-think fish. Scientists believe they coordinate attacks by using pigment cells to communicate....

Former US special forces diver Scott Cassell has put his life on the line to study the squid. He too has been attacked.

He said: “Within five minutes my right shoulder had been pulled out of its socket. I had 30 big marks on my head and throat and one squid hit me so hard I saw stars. They then grabbed on to me and pulled me down so fast that I could not equalise and I ruptured my eardrum.
Apparently it's about climate change, as usual. Another point in global warming's favor!

No comments: