Saturday, November 12, 2005

A quick NaNoReMo update. I'm three books ahead of schedule, thanks to some unexpected time off, but none of them are exactly works of art. For those of you bored enough to keep track, the original list will be updated in near real-time!

Brief reviews of the latest great novels:

A Passage to India: caves are evil.
Their Eyes Were Watching God: Ooh, this was good. How I hate dialect!
The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas: Gertrude Stein, I like you so much better now. But, dear heart, you might take your own advice. Remarks are not literature. This was actually the one I enjoyed most of the three. Alice is marvelously gossipy, and I loved the way that she was shown only in reaction to those around her. But either be against commas, or use them correctly. Consistency is all I seek.