Thursday, November 02, 2006

Nattering CATHARS whom
France and the Low Countries
Hosted for centuries
Much to their shame

Prattle of dualist
Anticarnality--
Christ was a phantom or
So they would claim.

And:

XENOPHYSITE we name such men
As think God quite beyond all ken;
They question holy revelation
With anaphorists' argumentation;
Conclude that Christ was but a man,
And thus deny His heav'nly plan.
They are quite rightly burned alive
That such a creed may never thrive.

A.
B.
Q.

Per request from La C.C., 'M' shall not be 'Monophysite'. Also, I know that the double dactyl is not, strictly speaking, such.

4 comments:

Peculiar said...

Odious, I think you're going to have to move Cathar back to the satrt of the line to have a viable alphabet. Must say, I never have liked the double-dactyl nonsense rhyme thing, though.

Anonymous said...

This has no relation to what you posted; I won't even pretend to understand

but since i can't get an email through to you (keep getting a message that lycos is denying my mail to you) I wanted to say hello

Odious said...

Peculiar: Yeah, you're probably right. I'll fiddle with it later. I agree with you about the uselessness of the nonsense first line, too.

Katie: Hello yourself! I'll try to fix the problem; I assure you that I would love to hear from you and am not shutting you out. Did you get Heather's e-mail?

Everybody: What about dropping the last couplet in Xenophysite? It seems both excessive and questionable. I suppose since none of them actually got burned (or even persecuted in any way, unless one counts my little exercise here), it's not really that bad.

Peculiar said...

Maybe the last couplet could go,for the reasons you state, but I think you'd need another to replace it. Some final reminder that it's a heresy and not just some alternative lifestyle.