Sunday, May 13, 2007

Axolotl Pie
(Trad.)

(Chorus)
Axolotl pie, O
Axolotl pie,
Tastier than chicken and
Warms you up inside
If there is a Heaven and
I go there when I die
I'm asking for a slice of
Axolotl pie

O there was a time, and
Shamed I am to fess it,
I wouldn't touch a piece
However Mama dressed it.
I didn't know how tasty
Those sweet external gills were
Nor that they were possessed of a
Unique aquatic filter.

(CHORUS)

In vain she did insist that
The Aztecs did ingest them
I shut my mouth, and shook my head,
And wouldn't even test them.
They were added to our diet
To break up monotony
But I wouldn't touch a critter
Noted for neotony.

(CHORUS)

Finally I had a taste
Of axolotl pie.
The moment that it touched my lips
It opened up my eyes.

(CHORUS)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe!