Thursday, July 07, 2005


"Springtiiiime for Henkel and Germanyyyyy...."

My current employment is teaching me far more about global corporate culture than I, or I hope you, would ever care to know. German personal care and adhesive chemical company Henkel seems quite pleased with the following song:

Many tones combined make a song
Many hands together are strong
And the story of success
Is based on more instead of less
From good to great
From better to best
In a world that keeps on turning
It's the change that keeps us learning
The glory of our dream
Is what we share when we're a team
From one to all
From many to more.

Chorus:
We together – all together
Let our visions and our values
lead the way
We together – all together
That's why the Henkel name will always stay
From beginning to end – A Brand like a Friend

With an open mind
We find the time
To talk things through and through
Cause at the end of the day
What counts the most
Is what you say and do.

True phonomasochists may find the sheet music here, though you might prefer to slit your throat with your piano's c-string.

Can I please have my island?