Friday, September 26, 2003

Jabberwacky: I don't speak french.

Odious: A clear sign of intelligence and good-breeding.

Jabberwacky: I didn't say I had a closed mind!

Odious: Nor did I. I don't think you have a mind at all.

Jabberwacky: No I don't did I ever say that I did?

Odious: You're making me feel that this is a rather solipsistic exercise.

Jabberwacky: Who is him?

Odious: He. We use the nominative case in this chat, buster.

Jabberwacky: You can use whatever you like, I'm still not keen.

Odious: I think you're keen.

Jabberwacky: Sure it is. I get all the girls.

UPDATE:
[Mr. Lewis Carroll] finds that the Anglo-Saxon word "wocer" or "wocor" signifies "offspring" or "fruit". Taking "jabber" in its ordinary acception of "excited and voluble discussion", this would give the meaning of "the results of much excited discussion".

--Mr. Lewis Carroll, referring to himself in the third person